pstmrk.it-links in Cloud-Newsletters?

I'm about to send my monthly newsletter. Log Statistics in AdminCP/Email Settings are deactivated.

Just sent a test e-mail only to me, and all links in it are click.pstmrk.it-links. Has anything changed here, are e-mails send with Postmark now and clicks analyzed? I haven't seen any announcement for this, also in the Release notes, and it is also important because of GDPR.

Do you have any information about this for me?

Thanks,
Markus

Edited by Markus Jung

Invision Power Services, Inc./Lindy Throgmartin and my company/me have signed a Data Processing Agreement. In 6.1 it states:

The Data Processor is given general authorization to engage third-parties to process the Personal
Data ("Sub-Processors") on the Data Processor's behalf. The Sub-Processors currently engaged
by the Data Processor and authorized by the Data Controller are available at: https://
invisioncommunity. com/legal/cloud-sub-processors/. The Data Controller shall be notified by the
Data Processor in advance of any new Sub-Processors in advance of any new Sub-Processor
being appointed, by changes to the aforementioned website.

In violation of this, I wasn't informed, that Postmark is a new Sub-Processor. And it also isn't included in https://invisioncommunity.com/legal/cloud-sub-processors/.

And my e-mails are set to “Uses Invision Community servers to send emails.”, not Postmark, and Log Statistics is deactivated. 

If a different provider should be used I have to be informed in advance to decide about this, change my privacy policy and inform my users. And I should have the possibility to deactivate e-mail tracking.

• Management

We are preparing to launch new features where you can see send, view, and click statistics for all emails sent by your community right in your AdminCP.

You will also be able control your own suppression lists for reputation management. This means you will be able to reactivate emails that bounce (though spam complaints you cannot reactivate). That allows you to increase me

Postmark is our current email vendor as listed on our legal disclosure sub-processors, is themselves GDPR compliant, and is used my thousands of sites all over (including in the EU). There is no GDPR issue. Be careful not to automatically assume every little thing is a GDPR issue as you will end up putting yourself into an unnecessary corner.

All that said, if you still for some reason wish to, you can always use your own and put the SMTP details in.

30 minutes ago, Markus Jung said:

And my e-mails are set to “Uses Invision Community servers to send emails.”, not Postmark, and Log Statistics is deactivated. 

We do not run our own email servers. We have always used third-party systems. Can you imagine trying to build out your own email network? It would be quite a nightmare.

I am sorry for your concern with this and if you feel we overlooked something. I have disabled email sending on your community for the moment so you do not have further concerns about this and purged all your email send logs, views, and clicks. Feel free to contact support if you need help using an alternative email service.

The global enabling of view and click tracking regardless of your community settings was an error and has been fixed.