Suggestion: Forum-owned gallery albums

LittleFang

Reference: 

I feel there should be a way for gallery albums to be "neutral" so a certain member role has rights to move images between them.

We own a gallery library of tarot decks that folks upload images for, but we have standard guidelines and thus have a role that approves and places them where they need to be. This is a huge part of our community structure and right now it's difficult to work around the limitations.

Edited by LittleFang

I'm surprised that this is working as intended, and I had to test this myself on my main community.  

My main account with global and unrestricted Administrator and Moderator permissions (and I did explicitly check that the account has permission to Move Content), is unable to move images between albums.  I would like to support this feedback of moderator permissions to move images into another album.  

Categories only work at a very high and simplistic level.  My community has 54.8k albums, there is now way I can build the category hierarchy to support the complexity of user-generated albums.  

7 hours ago, Joel R said:

I'm surprised that this is working as intended, and I had to test this myself on my main community.  

Honestly unsure where you caught that its working as intended? What was being asked in the original topic was how to move an image from an album to someone elses album. You cant do that as an album is built to be for that user with that users content.