Member Search Fails to List Members from a group

I created a user group by the name of "Advisory Board".  I granted two members access to this group via the secondary group functionality. The search tool shows the group below:

Could contain: File, Webpage, Page, Text

When I click on "Search Members" nothing shows up. How can I get a list of everyone in this secondary group?

8 minutes ago, Randy Calvert said:

Under the Group settings, you need to make sure “Allow filtering by this group?” is enabled. 

ACP - Members - Groups. Edit that secondary group. 

Every group has this setting enabled which is why I am confused why it shows up in the search screen but does not show any members when it "should" show two.

Posted (edited)

Member 1, Member 2, Member 3, Member 4, Member 5, Member 6, Member 7, Member 8, Member 9, Member 10

Assigned to Primary Group - Members, Secondary Group - Advisory Board.

Search Results:

Could contain: Text

Could contain: Page, Text, File

Both member groups:

Could contain: Page, Text, Chart, Plot

Edited by Chris Anderson

You cannot search by secondary group. Only by primary group. The setting you are looking at there isnt to allow you to search for secondary groups. That setting, if switched off, will stop it appearing in the list at all. So its as if the group itself doesnt exist.

For example, you may have a group called "Add section1" which you use to add some permissions somewhere. You add that as a secondary group to people you want to add that permission to. However you would never want that to appear on the front end anywhere, as its not really for 'visual' use.