Unable to Move User to Different Subscription

I need to move a user to a new subscription. When I tried to add him, I received the message that the user already had a subscription. 

Deleted and canceled the subscription for the user and waited until the expiration. The subscription still shows he is a member and there is nothing under purchases. User still shows in the subscription, but without the "view purchase" option.

How do I get this person the proper subscription?

Usually it would be that the person has purchased, and if you are manually changing you would upgrade/downgrade to move them. If this is a manual change without payment you need to go to commerce>Subscriptions and remove them there, then add them in that same area.

Yes, the person did purchase and then it was decided to move them to a different subscription with the same cost.

For this user there is no option to view the purchase in commerce like all the others.

Could contain: Text, Page

On 7/4/2024 at 11:55 AM, Stephen Buyze said:

Deleted and canceled the subscription for the user and waited until the expiration

What exactly was deleted?

Do you have an example user's ID or display name we can look at?

I believe that I had deleted the active subscription for the user. This has worked before when moving a user from one subscription to another.

It looks like I was able to resolve this by sending the user a $0 invoice for the new subscription and then marking it paid. Funny thing is the user still shows up in the old subscription as expired.