Locked out of my own CP

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

I can't get in to my CP on my site because it said there were too many login fails.. 

It is the same passwords combos I've always used. 

And as far as I can tell, it's impossible for me to get tech support here now? Been looking for a button for a while. 

2 minutes ago, QD.C said:

And as far as I can tell, it's impossible for me to get tech support here now?

As you are a Cloud customer, you can post here for technical support or submit a ticket in the Client Area for Cloud related questions 🙂 .

4 minutes ago, QD.C said:

I can't get in to my CP on my site because it said there were too many login fails.. 

It is the same passwords combos I've always used. 

If you are unsure of your password, you can reset it by clicking the "Forgot your password?" link on the login page of your front-end community at {your-base-url}/login

10 minutes ago, Jim M said:

submit a ticket in the Client Area

Where is the button for this? like hunting for the holy grail

11 minutes ago, Jim M said:

If you are unsure of your password, you can reset it by clicking the "Forgot your password?" link on the login page of your front-end community at {your-base-url}/login

It was a second password for two - factor, and it is saved in my phone, so it has worked correctly for 10 years, then got me locked out this weekend. 

I don't think any of the other guys with CP access can reset my two factor or unlock me since I am the superuser or whatever you call it. 

• Solution
3 minutes ago, QD.C said:

It was a second password for two - factor, and it is saved in my phone, so it has worked correctly for 10 years, then got me locked out this weekend. 

I don't think any of the other guys with CP access can reset my two factor or unlock me since I am the superuser or whatever you call it. 

Other admins can indeed remove your Two Factor Authentication. There is no super admin in Invision Community.

3 minutes ago, QD.C said:

Where is the button for this? like hunting for the holy grail

Client Area -> Manage Purchases -> click your Cloud purchase -> click Support.

21 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Other admins can indeed remove your Two Factor Authentication.

Cool, I asked them for help. 

21 minutes ago, Jim M said:

There is no super admin in Invision Community.

So anyone with admin access can change my access levels and password etc?

22 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Client Area -> Manage Purchases -> click your Cloud purchase -> click Support.

Now I feel dumb. Thanks

1 minute ago, QD.C said:

So anyone with admin access can change my access levels and password etc?

Yes, any administrator can change other administrator's access levels and information as you allow them to.

On 6/26/2024 at 10:38 AM, Jim M said:

Yes, any administrator can change other administrator's access levels and information as you allow them to.

This is actually not true.  No one can adjust my account.  Maybe I'm not a super user  but all the other admins have less permissions than me,  so I guess if we wanted to play semantics, I'm a normal admin and they're sub admin with access to the CP. 

Un-solution. 

Admin who cannot access the members section of course cannoty. However if they can access and change members, they can indeed change other admin. If you are having issues with that, we would need to know the name of your account and also the name of the admin who has tried to remove these