User post-count discrepancy: ACP shows 1, but user profile shows 0. (I can't find the post.)

I feel like this has to be a very common question, but searching is not turning anything up for me.

I am still getting used to some of the new-to-me features in Invision, and today I am responding to user requests for account deletion.

When I look at the account in the admin control panel, I see that a couple of users have one or two posts. However, when I try to find those posts, I cannot.

Perhaps I am not using the correct method--I am checking their forum profile to do this. As you can see from the screenshots, the ACP shows one post, but the public profile shows zero posts.

Is there a way for me to see the actual post so that I can verify what happens when I delete an account?

Thank you.

Doesn't appear that there are screenshots, however, the content may have already been deleted which the user had posted but their content count has not be recounted. This would describe the discrepancy which you're seeing. You can try recounting it to see if that resolves the discrepancy by going to their profile in the ACP, click "Content Count" and there will be a "Recount" option. You can choose to do just this member or all members.

Posted (edited)

Okay, thanks. Will try that.

Edit: I can't update my original post. I lost the screenshots, but didn't post them. (I had written the post earlier in a text editor and didn't re-read when I posted.)

Edited by Sucesso

If you cannot reproduce the issue to take further screenshots, I can only really suggest letting us know if you see this happen again, and we can assist from there