Activity Feed > Exclude particular forums from appearing in newsfeed (and side widget)

Go to solution Solved by Adriano Faria,

Dear all, 

is there any way how to exclude specific forums/subforums from appearing in activity stream?
I have a couple of RSS feeds which automatically creates new topics. Especially those I'd like to hide from regular community member created content.

Would be great if someone could assist with a solution.

Thanks in advance

E11

• Solution

I don’t remember any new feature to accomplish this so create a new stream, set it as default and choose all type of content, including topics, and use the option to narrow by forums and choose all forums, except the ones you don’t want their topics to be listed. All the other streams will remain showing these forums.

To mention only one disadvantage, you will have to remember to add new forums when you create them, otherwise they won’t show up in the stream.

Edited by Adriano Faria

Sorry for my delayed response Adriano. I really appreciate your feedback and the recommended workaround.

I'll give it a try. Maybe I'll have to create a custom solution or - if exist - purchase any available alternative from Store.
Will check this as well. 

Again, thank you very much for taking the time and responding to my query.