Automatically "Mark site as read" for new registrations

galenb
Go to solution Solved by teraßyte,

This is not really a "Problem" per-se but.

Is there a way to have all the preexisting content marked as read for new registrants so that they only see content created after they have validated or registered as "unread"?

I've had about 3 new registrant "complaints" that new registrants couldn't tell new content until they "complained" and where told to click the "Mark site as read" button. I had never really thought it but it kind of makes sense that they want to see only content since they registered marked as "new".

I looked for a setting in ADMIN CP and searched here but didn't really find an answer.

Thanks.

• Solution

No, the only way is to manually click the Mark site read link.

You have 2 options:

1. Create an alert in your Moderator CP that shows only to new members, and include that they can click that link to reset the new content flag.
  2. Have someone create a custom modification for you that marks the site as read after a member registers.

I think the alert should do just fine in your case. That way you can warn only new members about the feature existing.

On 12/26/2023 at 11:25 AM, teraßyte said:

No, the only way is to manually click the Mark site read link.

You have 2 options:

1. Create an alert in your Moderator CP that shows only to new members, and include that they can click that link to reset the new content flag.
  2. Have someone create a custom modification for you that marks the site as read after a member registers.

I think the alert should do just fine in your case. That way you can warn only new members about the feature existing.

I think the alert to new members only should work. I started working on a mod and I decided to wait a bit cause it may or may not be applicable  to Ver 5.0... I learned a long time ago that I don't like creating, testing and deploying the same thing twice.