Removing self-hosted community - can it be restored later?

Hi there, I'm taking a break from actively moderating my Invision community (self-hosted install), and would like to remove it from the hosting server, and pause or cancel my license while I'm away. Can it be re-installed as-is, at a later time, by renewing the license? That is, restored with all the posts, clubs, and my current customizations. 

If so, what are the steps I'd need to take? Thanks!

The license would not hold your data/attachments of your community. It is just your rights to run the software and the benefits that come along with that. You would need to contact your hosting provider to obtain a database and filesystem backup of your community to be able to use it at a later date.

Thanks for the quick reply @Jim M! Yes, of course I know I'd need to get the latest backup from my hosting provider.  I'm asking it if can be re-uploaded later to either a fresh install or reinstatement of my license. And how would that work? Would it work even if it's a year or two from now and the Invision version is newer than what I backed up?

Also, would you recommend I first update the PHP on my hosting server to current version (8.0 i think is required) before making that backup?  I could not find a document giving information aboutr restoring from backups and what I'd need to prepeare first. Thank you.

You would just restore from the backup 🙂. You would restore your database and files, including our core files. The software would run at that point if it is compatible with your hosting and configured to your database correctly. 

If at that time you wish to upgrade to the latest release, if your license is expired, you would renew it and do an upgrade. 

Thanks so much @Jim M!  I'll make sure i have a full backup from my hosting provider - I think they (Siteground) do full site backups for me so it should work (the community install is in a subfolder), but lmk if there is anything special i need to ask them to do or be sure it's there. 

2 minutes ago, Ranya Renee Fleysher said:

Thanks so much @Jim M!  I'll make sure i have a full backup from my hosting provider - I think they (Siteground) do full site backups for me so it should work (the community install is in a subfolder), but lmk if there is anything special i need to ask them to do or be sure it's there. 

Nope, just need a full backup of database and files. We're just a standard PHP / MySQL application in that regards 🙂