Blog App Feature Request: Category Permissions

Dreadknux

Hello! Just copy-pasting a feature request I wanted to add; this was originally in another topic but I later discovered the OP author posted in the wrong forum. :S

------

I'd like to formally request some additional permission features for the Blog app as currently it's severely lacking.

I am already using Pages for a staff-operated news blog, but I want to offer my community the opportunity to create their own blogs using a simplistic and approachable format - so the Blog app is perfect for what I want here.

However, while I can create Blog categories from the AdminCP, it seems that I can't set Category permissions much like I can with Forums, Galleries etc (i.e. usergroup can "Create Blog" in this category, "Comment" on blogs in this category, etc).

I want to be able to only allow regular members to create a blog in a specific Blog Category area, while I want to reserve the ability to create blogs in some other Categories (i.e. "Staff Blogs") to only certain usergroups.

Hopefully this will be addressed, and the Blog app much more fleshed out in general, with the arrival of V5. 🙂