Cloud Database Backups

Como
Go to solution Solved by Marc,

Can someone tell me a bit about about IPS Cloud back up systems?

As I understand it, the only way to obtain a copy of the database is to place a request with tech support, and, I think, they will supply a copy within 24 hours.

And DB copies are intended for migration purposes / switching to stand alone, so it is not something we would normally request outside of those situations - yes?

Does anyone know the frequency of backups?

I've been asked by the owner of the website about backup procedures, but I could not find any IPS documentation.

Thanks.

• Solution

Take a look at the following which discusses what backups we do on your site

In answer to your other questions

1 hour ago, Como said:

As I understand it, the only way to obtain a copy of the database is to place a request with tech support, and, I think, they will supply a copy within 24 hours.

We would provide your backup as soon as reasonably possible. For example, if this was requested on a Friday night, its likely it would be Monday morning. If you requested it midday on a Wednesday, its very likely someone will provide it pretty quickly (for example if you requested now, I would probably see it shortly and get it done)

2 hours ago, Como said:

And DB copies are intended for migration purposes / switching to stand alone, so it is not something we would normally request outside of those situations - yes?

People request backups for various reasons. Some just like to have a copy for their own peace of mind, some because they use the database for stats and more. There isnt any real reason for you to hold a copy yourself unless you really want to, but of course the data is yours, so if you want a copy you just need to ask and we can sort it for you 🙂