Custom event types

Simon.AU
Go to solution Solved by Marc,

Is there a way to create a custom event type? ie. under "search events", the only options I have are to select the date range and select a "Type" - and the only options for "type" are "Online events" and "Physical events".

I can see an option to add tags when creating an event which should be used in the global search, but we would like a way to filter our events by even type from the Events page. Is this possible?

Sorry, Im a bit confused as to what you mean by type here. As far as the software is concerned, type is indeed physical or online, so type isnt what you are looking for I suspect. If you could provide an example, I may be able to advise further what is posible.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Marc,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the delay response, I received a notification email just now.

Basically I'm just looking for a way to add an option to filter events by something other than just 'physical' or 'online'. It doesn't have to be a 'type' internally, but something like a category etc. Just so users could have a drop-down to choose from a few different types of events (we have a lot of repeating event types, with different titles and locations).

cheers
David

Thanks Marc. I didn't know about this multiple calendars approach 🙂

I see what you mean about the overview issue. I will have to think about whether this is going to be intuitive enough for our users, but I can at least offer it as a solution thanks.

David