Custom event types

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

Is there a way to create a custom event type? ie. under "search events", the only options I have are to select the date range and select a "Type" - and the only options for "type" are "Online events" and "Physical events".

I can see an option to add tags when creating an event which should be used in the global search, but we would like a way to filter our events by even type from the Events page. Is this possible?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Marc,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the delay response, I received a notification email just now.

Basically I'm just looking for a way to add an option to filter events by something other than just 'physical' or 'online'. It doesn't have to be a 'type' internally, but something like a category etc. Just so users could have a drop-down to choose from a few different types of events (we have a lot of repeating event types, with different titles and locations).

cheers
David

Thanks Marc. I didn't know about this multiple calendars approach 🙂

I see what you mean about the overview issue. I will have to think about whether this is going to be intuitive enough for our users, but I can at least offer it as a solution thanks.

David