Suggestion: Moderator Action to Convert Forum topic to Event

Clover13

Would be nice to be able to convert a Forum topic to an Event and have the topic OP become an editable Event, and all the replies become the comments.  This would help maintain the history and context of the event discussion and then elevate it to an actual calendar event with dates/times, RSVP, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to bump this one, as I run into it a lot now that I've tried to shift date related events to Events instead of a Forum topic.  Members are constantly firing up Forum topics, which I then have to lock and ask them to repost in Events.  Meanwhile the conversation has already started around the upcoming Event in the Forum topic and there's no way to migrate it to the Event to keep it all together.  Just tons of fragmentation in conversation and discourages engagement because members don't want to repost/restart something in a different place just so the site can get it in an Event/Calendar format.

Not sure if others are running into it, but if you are, please chime in here so we can get a higher priority on this functionality.