Just had a guy join and make MULTIPLE accounts with different credit cards - how to prevent

Parker White

It is not an easy thing to do. They can use proxies/vpns etc.

The best way to go about this imo, is to limit the the number of registrations from the same device. It will make it very difficult for them to keep using a new device each time that they want to register a new account. 

I have coded such an app for another member here some time ago and it has proved very efficient according to them. 

Just now, Miss_B said:

It is not an easy thing to do. They can use proxies/vpns etc.

The best way to go about this imo, is to limit the the number of registrations from the same device. It will make it very difficult for them to keep using a new device each time that they want to register a new account. 

I have coded such an app for another member here some time ago and it has proved very efficient according to them. 

How do i go about setting that up or obtaining it?

Edited by Parker White

On 12/24/2022 at 4:42 PM, Miss_B said:

The best way to go about this imo, is to limit the the number of registrations from the same device.

If you’re talking about user’s device, bear in mind that they’re stored in cookies so it’s enough to the user to clean them and they can still create a new account with the newly device. I’ve developed a resource to ban devices and it wasn’t ”accepted” in marketplace due to that. Basically, useless.