Will I have issues logging in to WordPress if I cancel?

Anthony Cameron
Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

Hi there, my membership business didn't work out and so my membership with invision will end soon. 

I noticed that the login page for my wordpress site has changed to invision brand colours when I installed it last year.

When I cancel, will I have problems logging in, and do I need to do something to revert back to the default wordpress login page?

I mention this because I had issues logging in today with my normal password and I think it could be indirectly related to the fact I have a customized login page. Please excuse my ignorance on this matter. I'm still learning!

Edited by Anthony Cameron

• Solution

Your WordPress software and your Invision Community software operate independently so no, in general, you should not lose access on either side to the core software of each platform should one be removed.

With that said, there is no information here if you setup any kind of SSO or integration with authentication. If you setup authentication so that you used Invision Community as the "source" for your authentication, then any account on WordPress that used Invision Community to authenticate would not work when your Invision Community platform is shut down.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

The reality is here, if you are referring to your wordpress site, we have no knowledge of how you have that set up. If you are using invision logins to log into wordpress, you would need whoever set that up for you to revert back to your standard wordpress logins. Its not something in which we would be able to assist.

1 hour ago, Jim M said:

Thank you for your timely replies. I have no SSO or MFA setup. I only had a normal forum sign-in process which appeared to be synced with wordpress sign in.  Based on your responses, I am satisfied that there will not be any issues. I just wanted to be safe rather than sorry!

Many thanks,

Anthony

Edited by Anthony Cameron