A test installation has already been activated for this license key.

SDARPREZ

Testing out the latest version of IC using the -TESTINSTALL license. My first try to install the software failed and I wanted to try again by first blowing away the database and file system. On the second go around, I am getting this error: A test installation has already been activated for this license key. Your license key entitles you to one test installation only.

I am installing to the same server (hostname localhost), same IP (public IP), same webserver (apache2), same SQL location (localhost). The differences are a different SQL login, different filesystem path (var/www/html/ is the same, different subdirectory). Seems I've changed just enough to make the installer think it isn't the same server. Please advise. 

This is one of those situations where what I am asking for is simple, but explaining it is hard.

short version: I need to reset/delete the TESTINSTALL URL/link/whatever you call it so I can install a test instance. I've already asked for that, and I am still asking for that.

longer version: My first virtual server, let's call it host A, runs Debian, has a public IP starting with 66. and has the hostname localhost. IC has been installed there forever and runs fine though it is very out of date. I can't upgrade it without upgrading Python. I've tried once and blew up the server which necessitated restoring from a backup. Not wanting to go down that path again, I built a new virtual server, host B, this time with Ubuntu, a public IP starting with 45., and also has the hostname localhost. I installed a fresh webserver, mySQL instance, created a DB and a user, granted rights, and extracted a new copy of the latest IC in the directory /var/www/html/ips-ce/. The install crashed after accepting the -TESTINSTALL serial. I assume it was building/populating the DB when it crashed. I didn't find anything useful in the syslog, the mySQL log, or the Apache log. So, wanting to try again, I below away the DB, DB user, and deleted /var/www/html/ips-ce. When I tried to install again, I am greeted with two error:

Could contain: Text

Could contain: Text, Face

So, I cannot install a 2nd copy of IC on host B. I'd like to, so that I can test migrating from my old IC community to a new one on a new OS.

Edited by SDARPREZ
clarity