IPS 4.7.1 - Timezone setting

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

In the user activity log, metrics are dated.  

I would like to know if there is a setting either in the ACP or a configuration setting in the `conf.php` that declares the time zone used for log dates is based on?

The underlying system is set to UTC.  I'm suspecting that the ACP log data attribute for when a log entry occurred is also in UTC, but I cannot verify.

Could contain: Text, Plot

Is that metric on Aug 9, 2022 6:50:01 PM in UTC or ?  If there is a time-zone offset setting in the ACP, I cannot find it.  If there is not a TZ offset setting, am I to assume that date-time is based on the system date-time (eg., UTC if so configured).

Thanks.

Rationale for knowing: I need to adjust miscellaneous crontab entries to occur at a lull in activity and I want to notch them to occur at the least amount of usage.  We have pattern of behavior to indicate when it is, but if I'm off by a TZ offset, it wouldn't do any good.  Hence to pin point when the log-date-time is relative to the system date-time.

• Solution

While the data for logs is stored in a Unix timestamp, the data for the stats should be shown in your server's timezone. There should be a something similar to the below on the chart, which when clicked, will display information about the timezone that this data is displayed in:

Could contain: Text, Face

52 minutes ago, Jim M said:

While the data for logs is stored in a Unix timestamp, the data for the stats should be shown in your server's timezone. There should be a something similar to the below on the chart, which when clicked, will display information about the timezone that this data is displayed in:

Understood.

Let me repeat it back a different way to make sure I grok with an example:

If the usage log shows a local minimum at  03:00 PM and if the host system is configured in the UTC TZ, then 03:00 PM (15:00)  is the date-time that IPS will render in the usage log.    IPS does not massage the date time in the usage log based on some other TZ offset configured in the IPS software.

The exception apparently is the Leaderboard... that ACP setting "Leaderboard Timezone" is an offset applied from date time of host system.

52 minutes ago, Jim M said:

If you intended to paste a link, it didn't. It pasted the image.  FYI.

Edited by sibomots

3 minutes ago, sibomots said:

If you intended to paste a link, it didn't. It pasted the image.  FYI.

The image is intended as it is a screenshot from charts in the ACP. Clicking the "Learn more" in your ACP, will answer your questions here as it will be relative to your server 🙂 . In short, it is based off of the server's timezone what you're looking at in the charts.

1 minute ago, Jim M said:

The image is intended as it is a screenshot from charts in the ACP. Clicking the "Learn more" in your ACP, will answer your questions here as it will be relative to your server 🙂 . In short, it is based off of the server's timezone what you're looking at in the charts.

Cool. That's the answer I was hoping for:   "based off of the server's timezone"

Simple. Thanks.