Need to migrate from old server to new server + URL change to my forum

Hi all - I figured I better post here just to make sure I'm following protocol. I need to switch servers due to performance issues. I'm aware I must export database and import it over etc. I'm keeping the same domain name, however - I need to move the forum to the "main" state (domain.com) instead of domain.com/forum.

How can I avoid errors to accomplish above?

I'm currently getting a 500 server error:

We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now.

Access denied for user 'u137424613_sube_inb'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

You can try again by clicking the button below, or try again later.

That means the forum can't connect to the mysql database. Possible causes:

1. The user is wrong.
  2. The password is wrong.
  3. The user doesn't have the needed permissions for the database.

For #1 and #2 you can edit the conf_global.php file. For #3 you need to check your server, something like Cpanel, DirectAdmin, or whatever else you use.

Edited by teraßyte

The host confirmed the permissions - they are all checked. And I edited the conf_global.php too with the new database details.

When I run /admin - it shows fatal error:

Fatal error: Uncaught IPS\Db\Exception: Access denied for user 'u137424613_sube_inb'@'127.0.0.1' (using password: YES) in /home/u137424613/domains/sunsetbeachonline.com/public_html/system/Db/Db.php:269 Stack trace: #0 /home/u137424613/domains/sunsetbeachonline.com/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(356): IPS\_Db->_establishConnection(false) #1 /home/u137424613/domains/sunsetbeachonline.com/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(487): IPS\_Db->checkConnection(false) #2 /home/u137424613/domains/sunsetbeachonline.com/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(972): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('REPLACE INTO `c...', Array) #3 /home/u137424613/domains/sunsetbeachonline.com/public_html/system/Session/Admin.php(112): IPS\_Db->replace('core_sys_cp_ses...', Array) #4 [internal function]: IPS\Session\_Admin->write('aeaed2f286f0acb...', '') #5 [internal function]: session_write_close() #6 {main} thrown in /home/u137424613/domains/sunsetbeachonline.com/public_html/system/Db/Db.php on line 269

1 hour ago, iadzemovic said:

Access denied for user 'u137424613_sube_inb'@'127.0.0.1'

This is a problem with the credentials. Make sure you’re not supposed to use “localhost” instead of 127.0.0.1 as the server. At the end of the day, if you see permission denied, it’s a server problem and not a software problem. You need to confirm your settings with your hosting provider.