Pages (Self-Host)

So I want to buy pages I bought the forum software and suite already. I don’t want to buy them both again. But when I go to add pages it adds the suite too. I have to renew my forum been awhile since I used it but want to add it to my site with pages.

Here's what you want to do:

• Login to your Client Area. (https://invisioncommunity.com/clientarea/)
  • Find your existing forum and choose "Manage this purchase"
  • Click on the "Manage this Community" tab
  • Click on Pages
  • Click on Checkout

Edit:

Take a look at... 

It has the steps above AND info on how to actually install the Pages app once you have finished the purchase.  

Edited by Randy Calvert

But you have to renew your license. It’s not “buying them again”, but when you make changes to the software suite, all parts of the suite need to be up to date. You can’t add the current Pages to an old install, that hasn’t been updated in 3 years and you also cannot get the 3-year-old Pages version that would fit the old installation. 

Updating, at least from time to time, is highly recommended anyway. You can have your license lapse for some time if you have too, but the longer that lasts the more problems you get, because security holes aren’t closed, bugs aren’t fixed, third-party connections aren’t updated and so on. 

I don’t have it installed on any site at the moment. How do I get a new license for my new domain?

So I bought a theme awhile ago and it says 15 every 6 months for renewal but it doesn’t say anything about paying. But I can’t download it.

Edited by Bannerx

44 minutes ago, Bannerx said:

I don’t have it installed on any site at the moment. How do I get a new license for my new domain?

So I bought a theme awhile ago and it says 15 every 6 months for renewal but it doesn’t say anything about paying. But I can’t download it.

If/once your license is active, you'll be able to manage it from the Client Area.  (I pasted the link above.)

Once your license is active, the "Manage My Purchase" screen will look something like:

Could contain: Text, Page

On that same page further down will be a section to manage which domain that license is associated with.  As a suggestion, if you're going to purchase the Pages add-on, do it before you download it.  That way it gets included with your software download.  Otherwise you'll have to re-download it again after making the Pages purchase.  (The downloader will only include the applications you have licensed.)

Regarding themes...  those are MARKETPLACE purchases.  Those are managed separately and not part of the main client area.  Marketplace items are to 3rd party developers, etc.  Think of the marketplace and it's purchases as it's own separate universe.  

Edited by Randy Calvert