Tried to move my forum over to another web host. Having many problems!

I moved my forum over to another web host. Forum is version 4.6.11. The forum itself works. Now I have several major problems:

1) The admin control panel is broken, so I'm trying to do an upgrade...With a broken control panel I have no idea how to modify the security settings and I'm getting random spam posts now that I have to prune manually directly from the "ibf_forums_posts" database

2) When I try to do an upgrade from 4.6.11 to 4.6.12.1, the admin control panel is looking for an "uploads" folder that was on some hidden directory on the old web host. I have no access to this folder because it exists on the previous web host only. I have no way of creating the folder on my new web host.

3) I had no issues doing a fresh install of 4.6.12.1, but this install just ignored all of my old database files with prefixes "ibf", "orig_ibf", and "x_utf_ibf" and created its own blank databases with "calendar" and "core" prefixes.

Is it possible to either
1) Fix the upgrade process so that it will no longer search for files in some hidden directory that no longer exists, or
2) Manually copy the basics (forums, topics, and users) from the old database to the new

This whole thing is becoming a nightmare. I've spent two days trying to get things working and now I'm totally stuck.

Can anyone help???

Edited by Elliot Marx

Do you have multiple prefixes in your DB files?

I would copy over your current files with a fresh set of the 4.6.12.1 files, 

As for your uploads folder, this shouldn't be hidden. How come you can not create it? You should be able to create it in your public_html directory. I believe the uploads directory needs permissions of 0777. If you do not have permissions set correctly you will get an error.

3 hours ago, Elliot Marx said:

1) The admin control panel is broken

Broken how?

2) When I try to do an upgrade from 4.6.11 to 4.6.12.1, the admin control panel is looking for an "uploads" folder that was on some hidden directory on the old web host. I have no access to this folder because it exists on the previous web host only. I have no way of creating the folder on my new web host.

Are you sure that you have overwritten your forum files correctly? To me this looks like a case of files not being uploaded in the right location.

3) I had no issues doing a fresh install of 4.6.12.1, but this install just ignored all of my old database files with prefixes "ibf", "orig_ibf", and "x_utf_ibf" and created its own blank databases with "calendar" and "core" prefixes.

There is no need for a fresh install imo. When you run the installer you are presented with an option to enter the prefix. It looks like you did not enter one, hence why there were no prefixes added to the database.

That being said, it looks like you have several tables in that database. You should check the sql_tbl_prefix vale at conf_global.php file. That holds the prefix for your Ipb forum. The tables prefecased with that prefix are the one that you need. Hope it helps.

9 hours ago, Elliot Marx said:

Hello Miss_B

Yes the final suggestion worked! Once I fixed the table prefix to the one that I had before "_ibf" and used the fresh installation, everything just worked. Thank you for your help!

You are welcome. Glad to see that you got it solved. 

Edited by Miss_B