Commerce Subscription Convert to Renewable Product?

JacobM
Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

Hi all,

I've been using subscriptions but recently wanted to offer coupons and discounts for these plans. I realize in order to do so they would need to be a renewable product rather than a subscription. Is there an easy way to convert existing subscriptions over to the renewable products? I see product to subscription option but not the opposite.

Edit: I think I found the answer below would be yes, but confirmation would be nice by someone with more experience!

Also, when making a renewable product with a discount code, will PayPal via Billing Agreements, still auto renew on expiration day? For example, $9.99/month renewable product with a $9.99 discount for the first month. The user checkouts without having to enter payment information. First month goes by and that expires, so they go to manually renew with PayPal as the payment option. From there on out, will that auto renew for the user or will they have to manually pay invoices each month?

Edited by JacobM

• Solution

Existing Subscriptions would not be able to be converted to a Product (only Products can be converted to a Subscription).

The other half of your question with a coupon with renewal-able products is true. If the first invoice is 0 then they would bypass payment. Then when the next renewal comes up they would need to pay the renewal price to keep their product active.

13 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Existing Subscriptions would not be able to be converted to a Product (only Products can be converted to a Subscription).

The other half of your question with a coupon with renewal-able products is true. If the first invoice is 0 then they would bypass payment. Then when the next renewal comes up they would need to pay the renewal price to keep their product active.

Shucks on the conversions. Thanks for confirming what I thought, @Jim M!