Password Forgotten. Reset links don't work.

Eric Hayes1

Hello Invision Community, I apologize in advance if this is something that shouldn't be conversed here but I will elaborate as to why I have. I am looking to reset my password on my account but the "forgot password" link does not send the necessary email to me. I don't remember the password I used when signing up, (foolish I know), so I can't use the change password forum because I don't have the original password. I have sent several support requests but to no avail they have not been answered. So I am here using essentially, my last option. If anyone from Invision can support me further through this message, direct messaging, email, etc. Thank you

I’m assuming this is for the community you are an admin for… 

Not receiving mails are typically one a couple of reasons:

- Your server does not support sending mail via the default php mail method. (Self hosted issue.)

- Your email was sent, but your mail provider is blocking the message. (Again self hosted issue typically.)

- Your email was sent but flagged as spam. Check your spam folder in your email account. 

As a side hint… if you have access to the ACP still, create a new account with a password you know. Promote it to Admin.  Then use that account to reset your own password. 

Im not sure where you have sent several requests. I can see that you have created 1 support request, and that was responded to this morning with how to reset the password. If you are having issues with that, you need to respond to the ticket stating this so that we can assist further

Marc,
  I apologize for all the hassle the last few days. Wasn't you guys it was my email service since Invision now runs my domains DNS records, the email couldn't control emails sent to the domain address since, well, their DNS records are gone. There are much more fine details there which I will need help with to get working. Is there a way I can contact you without submitting a support request or using the forums, on a separate email other than the one attached to this account? (Partially because I want to actually get the emails this time around...). Get back and let me know, thank you.

4 hours ago, Eric Hayes1 said:

Marc,
  I apologize for all the hassle the last few days. Wasn't you guys it was my email service since Invision now runs my domains DNS records, the email couldn't control emails sent to the domain address since, well, their DNS records are gone. There are much more fine details there which I will need help with to get working. Is there a way I can contact you without submitting a support request or using the forums, on a separate email other than the one attached to this account? (Partially because I want to actually get the emails this time around...). Get back and let me know, thank you.

You would be best to simply change your email address on file to an email other than the one used with DNS. We can however get those DNS entries created for you if you submit a support request with those on. There are no other options for support at present