Images disappearing or not loading

nigeld27
Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

Was the image attached to that content piece?

If so, could you please provide the URL to the given content there? Can't tell if that is a forum post but we will need to inspect the content which the image was added to.

If it was not and the URL was pasted in, it may be the content which the image was uploaded to has been removed or is in a place which the user viewing cannot access it.

On 2/4/2022 at 12:39 PM, Jim M said:

Was the image attached to that content piece?

If so, could you please provide the URL to the given content there? Can't tell if that is a forum post but we will need to inspect the content which the image was added to.

If it was not and the URL was pasted in, it may be the content which the image was uploaded to has been removed or is in a place which the user viewing cannot access it.

Hi Jim,

1. The image was 'pasted' into the article, i.e. it was screenshotted from somewhere else, and ctrl+v into the article.
  2. We did not create the URL. I guess Invision created that.
  3. It is in an article not a Forum
  4. The user seeing the URLs is the same user who posted the original content
  5. This is an example of one of the URLs: {removed by request}

Thanks,

Nigel

4 minutes ago, nigeld27 said:

Hi Jim,

1. The image was 'pasted' into the article, i.e. it was screenshotted from somewhere else, and ctrl+v into the article.
  2. We did not create the URL. I guess Invision created that.
  3. It is in an article not a Forum
  4. The user seeing the URLs is the same user who posted the original content
  5. This is an example of one of the URLs: https://content.invisioncic.com/n302491/monthly_2021_12/image.png.503d9aef87ebee8898043e85a0446af6.png

Thanks,

Nigel

Sorry, believe there is some confusion, we do not need the URL to the image but the URL to where the image was posted on your community (in this case the article).

On 2/7/2022 at 3:39 PM, Jim M said:

Sorry, believe there is some confusion, we do not need the URL to the image but the URL to where the image was posted on your community (in this case the article).

Hi Jim, 

No worries. This is one of the pages: {removed by request}

It is behind a password but I am happy to grant you access via Support if you need it.

The images problem is not specific to this one page though FYI.

Thanks,

Nigel 

Edited by Jim M
Remove link by request

• Solution

Thank you for providing an example. Unfortunately, I am not seeing that the attachment was uploaded to the article there. It looks like the image URL was copy/pasted in and then now the original content item which the image was uploaded to has been deleted. When the original content item that an attachment was uploaded to is deleted, the attachment is also deleted. You will want to upload the image or file to your article to ensure that it stays with the article for the lifetime of it.

17 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Thank you for providing an example. Unfortunately, I am not seeing that the attachment was uploaded to the article there. It looks like the image URL was copy/pasted in and then now the original content item which the image was uploaded to has been deleted. When the original content item that an attachment was uploaded to is deleted, the attachment is also deleted. You will want to upload the image or file to your article to ensure that it stays with the article for the lifetime of it.

Thank you for looking into it. We'll go figure it out.