Optional Mobile Homepage Option Setting?

GazzaGarratt
Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

For the life of me, I can't find the option where I can turn on the option to give all members the ability to ask them to add our site as a Homepage. I know its come in with push notifications, but I can't see the homepage options. I think the Splash Screen setting is in Icons and Logos but I can't find the Homepage option at all!

Any speedy help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

1 minute ago, Jim M said:

I'm afraid, there isn't a setting in our core software to ask a user to add your site as their homepage.

Thanks for the quick response, Jim.

Based on my reply a while ago, Stuart replied saying it was a core part of 4.6 - see below response

How do I promote this like other sites get it to pop up like when you accept Terms of Use, etc?

16 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

How do I promote this like other sites get it to pop up like when you accept Terms of Use, etc?

Are you referring to the Guest bar in ACP -> System -> Terms & Privacy Policy?

I would need a screenshot here what you're referring to in our software as what you're describing, I'm afraid, does not exist.

1 minute ago, Jim M said:

Are you referring to the Guest bar in ACP -> System -> Terms & Privacy Policy?

I would need a screenshot here what you're referring to in our software as what you're describing, I'm afraid, does not exist.

I was using the the Terms of Use as an example. I'm still on about the Homepage as I asked the question before 4.6 came out and Stuart said it would be inbuilt as part of the functions of 4.6. Thats why I was confused that you were saying there is no setting - was it removed since 4.6?

Just now, GazzaGarratt said:

I was using the the Terms of Use as an example. I'm still on about the Homepage as I asked the question before 4.6 came out and Stuart said it would be inbuilt as part of the functions of 4.6. Thats why I was confused that you were saying there is no setting - was it removed since 4.6?

What Stuart was referring to was the automated alert from Android when PWA is configured. This is not something which is configurable in the software or available on iOS, however.