Change "Badges" to "Awards" and allow categories of Awards

Aramaech

Simple idea:
Wherever it says "Badges" (ie on the member profile it says Recent Badges) change "Badges" to "Awards", and then allow categories of Awards to be created by the admin. Example categories could be things like badges, trophies, medals, etc, or things like X related Awards, Y related Awards etc.
(To push it just a little to far, it would also be nice if awards had hovercards, or something comparable like a page.)

Thoughts about the details:
On the admin cp, visually those would probably look like collapsable sections with titles (similar to the forum tree) each containing their respective awards in a vertical column just like they are now. That and the addition of a "create new award category" button would do it. Ok and maybe adding in section header category titles in the member profile's award(badge) display page.

The way it is now, all awards are essentially lumped into a single category called "badges", and when you're on a members profile looking at their badges page it doesn't take the addition of too many badges before it's sort of a confusing mess to look at. It feels to me like allowing admins the ability to categorize them, and thereby vary them beyond "badges", it would not only look better but thematically it would open more doors for user individuation.

Edited by Aramaech

On 11/9/2021 at 12:46 AM, Aramaech said:

Wherever it says "Badges" (ie on the member profile it says Recent Badges) change "Badges" to "Awards", and then allow categories of Awards to be created by the admin. Example categories could be things like badges, trophies, medals, etc, or things like X related Awards, Y related Awards etc.
(To push it just a little to far, it would also be nice if awards had hovercards, or something comparable like a page.)

I'm expecting you can change part in your Localization menu and use the 'translate' function as that's why I intend to you. You can find this in the Admin CP.

On 11/9/2021 at 12:46 AM, Aramaech said:

Thoughts about the details:
On the admin cp, visually those would probably look like collapsable sections with titles (similar to the forum tree) each containing their respective awards in a vertical column just like they are now. That and the addition of a "create new award category" button would do it. Ok and maybe adding in section header category titles in the member profile's award(badge) display page.

The way it is now, all awards are essentially lumped into a single category called "badges", and when you're on a members profile looking at their badges page it doesn't take the addition of too many badges before it's sort of a confusing mess to look at. It feels to me like allowing admins the ability to categorize them, and thereby vary them beyond "badges", it would not only look better but thematically it would open more doors for user individuation.

As to categories for Badges, I would welcome this for both the member view and admin view. You can get lost in the amount of badges when creating them! Seems straightforward and logical to do so 🙂

I'm expecting you can change part in your Localization menu and use the 'translate' function as that's why I intend to you. You can find this in the Admin CP.

Oh wow, thank you so much, that is so helpful lol ohh I wish I'd known this was a thing so long ago!
Thank you!

Edited by Aramaech