Reverting to pre upgrade changes

Trying here at Marcs suggestion due to the "bubble" ticket systemt being remnoved.

Forum = thailand-247.com

We rather belatedly upgraded this two days ago.

Selected the "stay the same" options but it hyas done the following

1. All ranks have gone

2. Badges have been added.

3. The Points system has completely changed.

I am assuming I can just delete the badges??

But we need the ranks reverting to how they were before the upgrade and the points system putting back as it was.

I think there is some confusion here over what was selected. Keep would be to keep your existing ranks. It would not keep the existing system itself. That has changed in the new version and cannot be reverted to the old way of working.

1 - Ranks have gone - I can see its now using the default rank set. I will need to create a ticket and get that escalated for you to see what has happened. If you had few ranks, it may be worth deleting them and simply re-adding. If you had many however, I can escalate if needed. Let me know

2 - Yes, you can delete the badges that are there if you wish.

3 - Yes, this has changed entirely. You would be best to take a look at the following guide for how the new system works. There is actually a lot more you can now do with the system than you could previously, so you may actually find it to your advantage. You could have course delete all the rules and have the "one point one post" rule set, which is essenially what happened previously. There were not points as such before. It was simple number of content

Hi Marc

Thanks for fast response

1. Yes the ranks have all gone and its quite urgent we get the originals back. We did select "keep" but as you can see they have all gone. The problem is not just the names but everyone has reverted to 0 so all showing as a newbie. The same thing happened when we did the Pattaya forum (you may recall) and you guys managed to fix that.

2. I can delete the badges manually. If I just delete them all will it stop awarding them?

3. Yes i understand the new points system as we sorted them out on the other forums. I just assumed using the "keep" options would retain the existing ones. If the only way is to redo these i can but I do think "keep" should mean keep.

Edited by Ihia

Heres an example of the Ranks issue

Member A

10,000 Posts

Each post is 1 point

He shows as a Rookie i.e. his rank says he has less than 90 posts

It would seem that there has been no reindexing of peoples past efforts.

Edited by Ihia

When you upgrade, it will rebuild. So initially users will indeed have 0 points until its completely rebuilt. So as long as your own ranks are there, it would rebuild. As they aren't, I have created a ticket for you and will get that looked at. 

With badges, you can delete and they will indeed no longer be awarded. Any already awarded would disappear. 

It should indeed keep existing ranks, but not the existing ranks system. I think that is the confusion there

2 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

When you upgrade, it will rebuild. So initially users will indeed have 0 points until its completely rebuilt. So as long as your own ranks are there, it would rebuild. As they aren't, I have created a ticket for you and will get that looked at. 

With badges, you can delete and they will indeed no longer be awarded. Any already awarded would disappear. 

It should indeed keep existing ranks, but not the existing ranks system. I think that is the confusion there

OK thanks

Is there a way to simply turn OFF Badges or just delete them all individually?

Just now, Marc Stridgen said:

You would need to delete them all, or at least delete the rules which give them out. The only other way would be to switch off the achievements didn't entirely.

Hi I will delete them, dont want to switch off as we do want to keep the points 

This is what I have done so far

Deleted ALL rules except 1 point per post - that is how it was before the upgrade.

I am about the delete all the badges.

5 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

No problem. We can then see the outcome of your ticket and go from there

Thanks for help Marc I* appreciate it

Is there a rebuild going on? The forum is very slow

It doesnt show a reindexing taking place in the dashboard

11 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

There would indeed be a rebuild going on if you have just upgraded. I would suggest awaiting your ticket being addressed before going any further

Upgraded 48 hours ago

No processes showing in dashboard

If it IS rebuilding it might explain why the ranks havent been updated but usually reindexing shows as a current process running

On 10/7/2021 at 5:02 PM, Marc Stridgen said:

Hi Marc

Any update on this ticket as nothing has changed - everyone still showing as "newbie" and its been 5 days now

On 10/14/2021 at 11:04 PM, Marc Stridgen said:

I see my colleague has responded to your ticket there. Just mentioning in case you have missed this

Hi Marc

All very confusing now.

As established in the thread linked below we no longer have access to the "ticket" system and you told me to use the forum.

I have not "submitted" a ticket because we cant so I have no idea how he could have replied to one.

Can you let me know the answer here please.

If there IS a ticket - where do I find it (if you recall you told me tickets have been stopped).

Thanks

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/463541-support-tickets-have-disappeared/

2 hours ago, Ihia said:

Hi Marc

All very confusing now.

As established in the thread linked below we no longer have access to the "ticket" system and you told me to use the forum.

I have not "submitted" a ticket because we cant so I have no idea how he could have replied to one.

Can you let me know the answer here please.

If there IS a ticket - where do I find it (if you recall you told me tickets have been stopped).

Thanks

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/463541-support-tickets-have-disappeared/

We can (and have) create a ticket on your behalf if the need arises. In this case it required one to be cretaed. You simply reply to the email from my colleague

• 2 weeks later...