"Keep on" badges

Dexter_X

Another possibility regarding badges awarding are the badges the users can own while they keep on certain amount per time.

For example a user posts more than 30 posts / week : owns a "keep on" badge that could be named : "active contributor" (or something like that). So if the user goes under the 30 posts / week he looses the badge until he goes to that rate (or more)...

That could promote participation in a more permanent way.

Regarding milestones and points on that kind of rules I don't know if it can be useful. Milestones could be set on something like "owns that badge since 1 month" (so based on time) ; points make sense only if there are milestones (from my point of view)...

On 7/13/2021 at 9:17 AM, Dexter_X said:

Another possibility regarding badges awarding are the badges the users can own while they keep on certain amount per time.

For example a user posts more than 30 posts / week : owns a "keep on" badge that could be named : "active contributor" (or something like that). So if the user goes under the 30 posts / week he looses the badge until he goes to that rate (or more)...

That could promote participation in a more permanent way.

Regarding milestones and points on that kind of rules I don't know if it can be useful. Milestones could be set on something like "owns that badge since 1 month" (so based on time) ; points make sense only if there are milestones (from my point of view)...

Ooooh I like this. It would be interesting if, while having this badge, they're moved to a new group (say a group with additional privileges). If they don't meet the 30 posts that week they're downgraded back to their original group (and thus losing the perks). 

Yes, linking achievements system with automatic promotion is something that has been already suggested. The challenge (for invision) may be to find a basic enough (so generic) way to create awarding rules allowing this kind of promotion...