Anyone using Pages database uploads with S3?

I switched over the “CMS Records” file storage location to Amazon S3 and found that editing the record gets slow to the point where it gets almost unusable – depending on how many files there are uploaded for a record. And it’s not just saving the form the first time. Even clicking “edit” and “save” without changes is extremely slow. I guess it makes serial API calls for each file and when you have something like a multi-upload field with 25 images this will just take too long. 

Is anyone else using Pages multi-uploads for databases in combination with Amazon S3 successfully? I need to know if this can work or if I need to drop my approach for this project entirely. 

(I also opened a ticket but it has gone nowhere in 18 days.)

I have S3, but I have no multi uploads.

If you want I can set one up though and see if I can replicate the issue?

Toss me a private message and I can duplicate your setup and make some test, or just give you admin access, so you can set it up yourself, if you need it.

18 hours ago, Jimi Wikman said:

If you want I can set one up though and see if I can replicate the issue?

Thanks! Yeah, would be great to test it on a different installation to be sure it’s an IPS issue.  
Steps to replicate:

• make sure storage location cms_records is set to Amazon S3
  • Add a test field “uploads” to a database with the option for multiple uploads
  • Open a record and add a larger amount of images (e.g. 20+). Images can be small in size. It seems to be the amount that is the problem. 
  • Expected result: clicking “save” and “edit” becomes extremely slow for that record. 

17 hours ago, opentype said:

Thanks! Yeah, would be great to test it on a different installation to be sure it’s an IPS issue.  
Steps to replicate:

• make sure storage location cms_records is set to Amazon S3
  • Add a test field “uploads” to a database with the option for multiple uploads
  • Open a record and add a larger amount of images (e.g. 20+). Images can be small in size. It seems to be the amount that is the problem. 
  • Expected result: clicking “save” and “edit” becomes extremely slow for that record. 

I'll make a test tonight and give you the results 🙂