Improve Private message deletion

Hello

Actually it's possible for the creator of the private message to delete the sent message to the database even if the receiver would like to keep the message; The person receiving the message no longer has any trace of it.

As if the sender of an email could delete the email at its destination.

Private messages can be used for threats or for even more problematic content

The person receiving a message must have the choice to keep or not the conversation.
Ideally, we should allow a virtual deletion as for the posts and subjects that we could delete with the desired delay.
There is still the is_deleted flag in the database which is no longer used, it could be used in this context.

In my case I actually delete the messages after the minimum delay required by the legislation of my country.

Edited by SebastienG

9 minutes ago, SebastienG said:

Actually it's possible for the creator of the private message to delete the sent message to the database even if the receiver would like to keep the message; The person receiving the message no longer has any trace of it.

Nope. The user leaves the message but it’s still viewable and accessible by the other member.

Look at this example: someone sent a message and left. I still can see and read.

spacer.png

This message will be effectively deleted if I delete it now.

2 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Nope. The user leaves the message but it’s still viewable and accessible by the other member.

Look at this example: someone sent a message and left. I still can see and read.

spacer.png

This message will be effectively deleted if I delete it now.

In the reality no, the creator can delete the message. 

Create a message to member2
Member2 have the message
You can delete the message and the Member2 have the message on the Inbox but it can't answer

Create a message to member2
Member2 have The message
Remove Member2 of the conversation 
Delete the message
--> Number of participant = 0 -> The delete function is called -> The message is permently deleted 
Member2 don't have the message 

I've juste sent you a message

Capture d’écran 2021-05-21 à 20.22.06.png

Summarizing: the message will be effectively deleted if it has only one participant, no matter if who sent or receive. 

If someone left, which corresponds to delete (to himself) the message, then obviously he lost access to it. 

There’s a free resource in the marketplace to rejoin who left conversation to it again.

The problem if not if the only participant would like to delete the mp

It can be a legislative issue but generaly if the 2 members delete the message the wouldn't like to attack the other member

The problem is the creator of the topic which can decide to remove the private message of another member 
- Remove it from conversation remove the message on the other inbox
- Delete from it's inbox launch a permently deleted 

There are 2 actions:
Remove the participant
Delete Message
I send death threats
The person receiving the message alerts the message to decide to file a complaint
The creator, removes the second participant and deletes the conversation.
There is no longer any trace, the message is permanently lost and the alert no longer has the content of the message.

The problem is that the private message creator decides the future of the message arrived at its destination.

It's own the Private conversation and can permanently delete it at any moment. 
Edited by SebastienG