Subscription Permissions Question.

Hey guys,

On my site I have premium subscriptions that members can purchase. I am looking to introduce a "midway" upgrade fee so that users who have already purchased Premium Gold, for a nominal fee can upgrade to the Premium Platinum status. 

I thought this would be easy just by adding a new "Gold to Premium Upgrade" subscription. However the issue I have is that I cannot see a way to lockdown the purchase of the proposed new subscription so that it will only work for those who have already purchased Premium Gold. Otherwise, if I add this as a standard subscription, everyone will "Cheat" and just pay the nominal upgrade fee to get to Premium Platinum as opposed to the full price for Premium Platinum.

Is there a way to setup some form of permission in subscriptions so that if a user is Premium Gold and use the upgrade subscription, it will go through, but if a user is not, it will fail ? 

Thanks,
p

I believe that in order to do this, you need to configure your subscription packages as regular products in Commerce. You can then require that the upgrade product be associated to the the "Gold" product.

You could also use the discount option on the premium subscription so that if you have a gold membership and you're in the gold usergroup (assuming you have it setup that way), you get the premium package at a discounted price.

Take a look at the upgrade/downgrade settings as well.

Edited by CoffeeCake

22 hours ago, CoffeeCake said:

I believe that in order to do this, you need to configure your subscription packages as regular products in Commerce. You can then require that the upgrade product be associated to the the "Gold" product.

You could also use the discount option on the premium subscription so that if you have a gold membership and you're in the gold usergroup (assuming you have it setup that way), you get the premium package at a discounted price.

Take a look at the upgrade/downgrade settings as well.

Thanks for that, I will take a look at that and see how I fair 🙂