Notification - emails

Jack Corsellis

When a member follows a forum then they can choose to receive notifications, emails (day weekly) etc.

When choosing the notification setting then the member's receive a notification bell when there is a new comment or topic but don't receive a new email each time there is a new topic/comment in that forum.

Is this expected behaviour?

I thought we would receive an email each time a comment or topic was added to the forum being followed.

Is there something else I need to set up to make the emails work?

Thanks

52 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Yes, you followed the forum, that means you will receive a notification every time a new topic is created. A user has to follow topics to get notified of replies. 

Thank you. So if I am understanding correctly - to receive the email notifications you have to follow each topic individually rather than the parent forum . Is that correct?

1 hour ago, Jack Corsellis said:

When a member follows a forum then they can choose to receive notifications, emails (day weekly) etc.

When choosing the notification setting then the member's receive a notification bell when there is a new comment or topic but don't receive a new email each time there is a new topic/comment in that forum.

Is this expected behaviour?

I thought we would receive an email each time a comment or topic was added to the forum being followed.

Is there something else I need to set up to make the emails work?

Thanks

I may have something for you. PM me if you're interested. 😉

screen_0.png

screen_1.png

screen_2.png

screen_3.png