Subscription Conversion

For many years I have had two paid subscription options within my community using the "Store" method as two individual products. I do not sell anything else other than the two subscriptions, so it makes sense and would be easier to use the "Subscription Plans" set up to continue with this. 

I see there is an option within my products area to convert my two products into subscriptions, but I am very nervous about doing so in case it causes issues. 

Can anyone offer advice based on completing this task themselves? Is it straight forward? Did you encounter any issues?

Any help would be appreciated.

• 6 months later...
On 8/27/2020 at 1:50 PM, Pyrotechnic said:

Just for the record, I took the plunge and everything looks like its gone OK. 🙂

I'm in the same place as you were. Right now with the Store configuration I keep having people just repurchase a new Store membership rather than use the renewal in the email the system sends them. This creates a new invoice and leaves the old invoice dinging them with expiration notices until they complain and I cancel the old invoice.

I'm really interested if you had reminders and expiration grace periods on your original Store products and if they converted properly. Also did all your member expiration dates carry over as well as their purchase history.

Before I found your post I posted this question which has more detail - https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/461054-link-membership-renewal-invoice-with-new-membership-invoice/?tab=comments#comment-2849391

TIA, Mark

Edited by Houston Miata Club

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mark

Apologies for the late reply. Yes, everything carried over as I hoped it would, including the grace period and renewals continued as required. In fact its become a little more easier now. I have no issues and its been over 6 months now. Go for it 😉

Edited by Pyrotechnic