Online User List - Permissions

For the past while (not sure how long) the Who's Online block has been visible to members. It shouldn't be because I've set permissions to Administrators only (Applications > System > Online User List).

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help.

You have set permissions for the page, not the widget.

To adjust permissions for the widget you would need to use Pages to create the widget.

AdminCP > Pages > Blocks

Create a "Who's Online" widget block, configure it to your liking, and then when you save you can specify permissions for which groups can see the block.

On the front end, use the block manager to remove the existing widget, and then drag a "Custom Block" pages widget, and choose the "Who's Online" one you just set up in the AdminCP.

I think I'm missing something. Why would I need to create a block that's already available, and that was configurable via Applications > System > Online User List in the past?

Has something changed in the software? Why do I now need to purchase Pages in order to create another block that does the same thing as the original block, just to set it to be viewable by admin only as it was before.

Thanks in advance for helping me to understand.

Edited by ItsJustMe

I've double checked and indeed the "Who's Online" block by default should honor whatever module permissions you set in Applications > System > Online User List.

/* Do we have permission? */
		if ( !\IPS\Member::loggedIn()->canAccessModule( \IPS\Application\Module::get( 'core', 'online' ) ) )
		{
			return "";
		}

If users who cannot view the online user list are seeing this block, please submit a ticket.