Export specific threads from one forum to another

Hi everyone. I've posted a couple of times explaining that a major sports franchise is doing away with its message board. The members of that board and I have created a new forum to take its place, and are in the process of 'ramping up'. The old forum will still be around for about a week, so it gives everyone time to get the news and move to the new forum. 

The team has shown a willingness to give us the old database, if all member data (not including posts), is deleted. But it's nearly a week since they said that, and we haven't gotten any word from them on the transfer, since then. So I'm going to go under the assumption that it won't happen.

That said, there's a few threads that we'd really like to preserve. I've made some archive.org archives, so as a last resort, they do still exist there. But some of the threads are a few thousand pages long, Archiving that much in such little time is impossible (as far as I know). 

Is there a way to export threads from one forum and import them into another from the ACP? We don't have database access, but we do have ACP access. Or is there another method 'out there' like Archive.org where we could set it to archive an entire thread?

Any other ideas that might help? We have until the 30th (at 5 PM Eastern US time) to salvage anything that we want to save. 

6 hours ago, bfarber said:

No, I'm afraid there's no built in tool to export the data. If you had database access you might be able to use the converters for this purpose, but it doesn't sound like you have that access.

That's what I figured, and no, I don't have database access. We're trying to get the database, and were initially told that we'd be given it, but so far no word on actually getting it. 

It's not the end of the world, of course. We just hate to lose so much forum 'history', so I'm looking into every possibility.