YouTube embedding problems

Nesa

A few days ago, the automatic embedding of videos from YouTube stopped working. 
Now when I copy the link, I get the following error message:

1379130570_ytproblem01.thumb.jpg.d97c91b6a3d650a769c09ccc8f167e88.jpg

But, if I manually set up a code (like the Forum automatically did until the other day)...for a specific video it would be this code:

<div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo" contenteditable="false">
	<div>
		<iframe allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" height="270" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oMDJI5_o0LI?feature=oembed" width="480"></iframe>
	</div>
</div>

778770562_youtubeproblem02.thumb.jpg.f9bedf9b7fe63b1d41a5e9135a78be05.jpg

...everything then works ok:

394374405_youtubeproblem03.thumb.jpg.0d9230c74e6b8c20c550f6813896d996.jpg

You can see the link above (that Forum didn't want to automatically embed), and the video below that shows when I manually post the code.

Has anyone else had a similar problem, does anyone have an idea how to handle this?

@bfarber

Thank you for your reply. :)

2 hours ago, bfarber said:

You may or may not have logs in the system logs indicating the problem.

Yes, there is nothing about this problem in ACP > Support > System Logs.
For example, November 16th does not have any entries (I already had this problem with YouTube on that day), while other days are mostly rare errors, and they almost always related to the TapaTalk.

I'll restart the server later in the night when there are fewer people, who knows...maybe it'll work.
Do you have any other idea what to look for, try it?

• 3 weeks later...

@bfarber @Chris027

It turned out to be a problem with hosting:

We're aware of this issue affecting sites hosted in Atlanta and London, and are reaching out to Google for assistance in resolving this -- we'll be sure to share any additional information as we receive it. Thanks for your patience here, it's greatly appreciated.

The problem is still ongoing.

Archived