Commerce Support System

Kyle F

Thank youf or that information, however I already knew how to change those. Translation changes aren't what I was hoping to use. I'd like to make it so "Staff" shows as the name of the member group which the replying staff member is a member of. And as for the "user/account owner" as the member group title of which they are too.

Ah, you could replace any instances of "staff" or the "user/account owner" to:

{lang="core_group_{$comment->author()->member_group_id}"}

If you wanted to do this as a plugin, you'd go to your development environment and create a theme hook into \IPS\Theme\class_nexus_front_support 

The CSS selector for the replyContainer template would be:

div[data-commentapp='nexus'][data-commenttype='support'] > div.ipsColumns.ipsColumns_collapsePhone > div.ipsColumn.ipsColumn_medium.ipsType_center.cNexusSupportMessage_author > div.ipsPad > p.ipsType_medium.ipsType_reset

and you'd Replace it with:

<p class="ipsType_medium ipsType_reset">
</p>

This will replace all three language strings (account owner, alt_contact, staff) since the element is identical for all:

<p class='ipsType_medium ipsType_reset'>{lang="reply_by__accountowner"}</p>
<p class='ipsType_medium ipsType_reset'>{lang="reply_by__altcontact"}</p>
<p class='ipsType_medium ipsType_reset'>{lang="reply_by__staff"}</p>

In order to select only one of these, you'd add :eq(0) to the 'p' selector, with 0 being the first instance of this css selector.

e.g. 

div[data-commentapp='nexus'][data-commenttype='support'] > div.ipsColumns.ipsColumns_collapsePhone > div.ipsColumn.ipsColumn_medium.ipsType_center.cNexusSupportMessage_author > div.ipsPad > p:eq(2).ipsType_medium.ipsType_reset

eq(0) = account owner
eq(1) = altcontact
eq(2) = staff

1 hour ago, IPCommerceFan said:

Ah, you could replace any instances of "staff" or the "user/account owner" to:

If you wanted to do this as a plugin, you'd go to your development environment and create a theme hook into \IPS\Theme\class_nexus_front_support 

The CSS selector for the replyContainer template would be:

div[data-commentapp='nexus'][data-commenttype='support'] > div.ipsColumns.ipsColumns_collapsePhone > div.ipsColumn.ipsColumn_medium.ipsType_center.cNexusSupportMessage_author > div.ipsPad > p.ipsType_medium.ipsType_reset

and you'd Replace it with:

<p class="ipsType_medium ipsType_reset">
</p>

This will replace all three language strings (account owner, alt_contact, staff) since the element is identical for all:

<p class='ipsType_medium ipsType_reset'>{lang="reply_by__accountowner"}</p>
<p class='ipsType_medium ipsType_reset'>{lang="reply_by__altcontact"}</p>
<p class='ipsType_medium ipsType_reset'>{lang="reply_by__staff"}</p>

In order to select only one of these, you'd add :eq(0) to the 'p' selector, with 0 being the first instance of this css selector.

e.g. 

div[data-commentapp='nexus'][data-commenttype='support'] > div.ipsColumns.ipsColumns_collapsePhone > div.ipsColumn.ipsColumn_medium.ipsType_center.cNexusSupportMessage_author > div.ipsPad > p:eq(2).ipsType_medium.ipsType_reset

eq(0) = account owner
eq(1) = altcontact
eq(2) = staff

Thank you so much for this! I'll try to make these changes when my webhost decides to sort their server out and my site comes back online. Their servers are being incompetently unreliable right now.

You would ideally set up a separate server or machine and install invisioncommunity on it, then download the Developer Tools from the marketplace and put the site in Dev mode:

If you'd like, I can just send you the plugin via PM.  I'd post it here but I'm not sure what the policies are for posting plugins in threads since there's always the risk of it being something malicious.

Archived