Huge fall in Google search index - Pl advise

Saurabh Jain

I see a huge fall in almost all of my communities 

For example Mechanical-engg.com use to have more then 100 K pages in search engine and as of today just 4000

I have veen running this community since 2007

The community has 140,000 members 

image.thumb.png.037bf7b4adbc1cf88ed04ca88002ba93.png

another community had  140,000 pages and now only 60 K  links in google  this is also dropping very  fast  ( www.Vidyasagar.Guru)

This is an active community 

• How should i diagnose it 
  • what are the factors to look into it
  • I want to save my community ranking in google

Regards

Saurabh

Are you using google analytics or google search console? This should give you some insight..

Also don't forget that IPS 4.4.0 includes some SEO related changes https://invisioncommunity.com/news/product-updates/44-seo-improvements-r1116/ which will result in a drop of the indexed sites because sites with low quality (like empty profiles ) won't be indexed anymore.

30 minutes ago, Saurabh Jain said:

I see a huge fall in almost all of my communities 

Do you see a huge fall in indexed pages OR clicks from organic search? If the organic search is not impacted then there is nothing to worry about. Google just purges the index from "unvaluable" content. It does not make sense to have 140K pages in index if only 10k from them really generate traffic.

Just now, Sonya* said:

Do you see a huge fall in indexed pages OR clicks from organic search? If the organic search is not impacted then there is nothing to worry about. Google just purges the index from "unvaluable" content. It does not make sense to have 140K pages in index if only 10k from them really generate traffic.

index pages.......

and yes when I open pages... I do not see even ads (Google adsense ) they show blank..... even on popular pages 

4 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

Are you using google analytics or google search console? This should give you some insight..

Also don't forget that IPS 4.4.0 includes some SEO related changes https://invisioncommunity.com/news/product-updates/44-seo-improvements-r1116/ which will result in a drop of the indexed sites because sites with low quality (like empty profiles ) won't be indexed anymore.

i used both

let me dig more into it...... cannot find the index pages count... in new search console....

earlier on my www.vidyasagar.guru  when I used to post a new blog ...  it used to come in search engine within ten minutes.... but now it does not come even in a day 

10 minutes ago, Saurabh Jain said:

I do not see even ads (Google adsense ) they show blank

This does not deal with indexed pages or organic search at all. Google ads are shown if relevant ads are found. You should check your website in incognito mode of your browser. Do you see any ads? If YOU do not see any, it just can be that there are no relevant ads for YOU (but not for your users). It happens often to the admins that browse hundreds of pages from own site daily.

Sorry I took two parallel sites...  I have more communities... all are facing difficulties....

1 Mechanical-engg.com    drastically gone down ...  It seems it is now here 

2  Vidyasagar.guru  has huge content and so I added two sites.... which seems to be as it is also rapidly going down....

For clubs I means  - If I post in a Blog app   which comes very quickly then compared to a post posted in  Blog of a club.... assuming that  there is read permission for guests 

1 minute ago, Saurabh Jain said:

For clubs I means  - If I post in a Blog app   which comes very quickly then compared to a post posted in  Blog of a club.... assuming that  there is read permission for guests 

It is difficult to say something if you do not give links to the blog entries you mean. Some global tips:

• Check if they are included in sitemap. 
  • Check if your sitemap is added to Google Search Console
  • Try to submit blog entry manually in Google Search Console, any issues?

Regarding adsense I told earlier - In all my sites I am viewing empty spaces on the header ads  for example this post

image.thumb.png.6c4fc099d8cceadd7f895bd3a37db911.png

https://bi-analytics.org/topic/56-job-offers-in-bi-barcelona-spain/?tab=comments#comment-124

This is happening in all of my sites.... sorry I am now taking exaple from another site 

It just appeared so I added

Google says   

Increase your viewability.

3 minutes ago, Sonya* said:

It is difficult to say something if you do not give links to the blog entries you mean. Some global tips:

• Check if they are included in sitemap. 
  • Check if your sitemap is added to Google Search Console
  • Try to submit blog entry manually in Google Search Console, any issues?

Yes earlier it was working so great ...  that t was never needed to submit manually - I used to show to client -   see it appeared in 5 minutes

image.thumb.png.75d6588e790155b0bff467f36ece1798.png

this is again empty

https://positivezeal.com/gallery/album/1942-rangoli/

though I landed on page with google searh

image.thumb.png.148424df4357ddcd9e6d8eb5735b0804.png

• 3 weeks later...

I just found that in all of my communities

Ads in header section are not shown or shown only sometimes....

Regarding ad-sense I told earlier - In all my sites I am viewing empty spaces on the header ads  for example this post

Now as it showing empty ads ... I am removing it....

but every one who use adsense can confirm this issue...

Archived