Topic Title Typeahead for Similar Topics

Joy Rex

Similar to how Stack Overflow works when asking a new question, it would be great if there was a typeahead feature for topic titles to avoid duplicating entries.

For example - If I were to type "How to Use Emojis", as I type, all topic titles that match that text would appear as suggested links that could be opened or previewed to see if the topic I am proposing already exists.

I know there are Similar Topics addons, but they only show you topics related to the one already posted.

If not a core feature, then perhaps an addon?

4 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

?

Awesome, just what I was looking for - I did notice on reviews that it will only show the matches until you press the space bar, which I guess isn't so bad since after the first word you will inevitably press space, thus triggering the matches.

17 minutes ago, Joy Rex said:

Awesome, just what I was looking for - I did notice on reviews that it will only show the matches until you press the space bar, which I guess isn't so bad since after the first word you will inevitably press space, thus triggering the matches.

It will perform the search and display the results when you type a title and leave (click in another field or press tab) the title field. 

Archived