Public and Clan Forums

Fierce God

Ok so a noob questions(s)

So i have two sides to my Gaming Community 

A Public Open Gamer side

A 100% Operational Clan side

I want to keep my core values as being a open community on the forums, but i also want to have clan forums (xx clan group) not be able to be posted in by public (regular member group)

So my question is, if i have a subscription (VIP) that can be obtained by any and all registered members, public and clan can purchase this and will have a secondary role for clan, and primary role for public, keep the public from still not being able to post in the clan forums?

I say this because of the permission block has all user groups in it and i still haven't mastered that setting yet 

and tips or guide would be greatly appreciated 

Example of a Clan only Forum 

screenshot-www-fierceteam-com-2019-05-28

Sorry, thanks for the correction.

What's wrong with the screenshot of your forum permissions? Thats exactly how you would control who can access certain forum boards.  Go into the permissions of each of your groups (guests, public, clab) and select the appropriate forum permissions.  

1 minute ago, Joel R said:

Go into the permissions of each of your groups (guests, public, clab) and select the appropriate forum permissions. 

ok awesome, thank you so much

so just to clarify, everyone (public & clan) can have the role VIP..............BUT, if they don't have ...say Role xxxclan, then they won't be able to post/reply in the clan forums (as long as i have perms right) ?

4 minutes ago, Fierce God said:

so just to clarify, everyone (public & clan) can have the role VIP..............BUT, if they don't have ...say Role xxxclan, then they won't be able to post/reply in the clan forums (as long as i have perms right) ?

That is correct.  You can control the forum permissions of your clan forums so only users with the Role XXXClan can view, post, download attachments, etc.  

Archived