GALLERY: Sort albums by ID

Is there any way to set the sorting order of albums in all categories by "ID"?

I made myself a custom converter from my old-website and imported all my albums keeping all their original IDs. On my previous platform all albums were sorted by "creation date", but now every time I upload something it comes on top as first, messing up all the chronological order.

Any suggestions?

8 hours ago, Matteo Casasanta said:

Is there any way to set the sorting order of albums in all categories by "ID"?

I made myself a custom converter from my old-website and imported all my albums keeping all their original IDs. On my previous platform all albums were sorted by "creation date", but now every time I upload something it comes on top as first, messing up all the chronological order.

Any suggestions?

Before you commission a custom plugin (which shouldn't be hard to do), you should check your category settings.  There are default sort functions that you can use, and some of those might allow you to mimic the ID.  

With that said, I run a very large gallery system of half a million images and explored various ways of presenting my albums.  I've come to the conclusion that the default sort order of Most Recent is actually the most user-friendly.  It keeps the user excited for the new content and helps the newest content bubble up to the top. 

Archived