Database questions

Wren

Hi,

i created a database following the example for recipes in the help guide. When I view the database settings now I get a warning message in orange which states " You have 5 categories in this database. You can only have 1 category to store records in the database directly. If you wish to disable category support please move articles to a single category and delete the no longer needed categories. "

What do I need to change so that I can have categories as the recipe suggestion mentioned?

Two other questions:

Is there a way to remove the author option for record entries?

On a database I made previously, when I go to the page itself there is a button saying Add new record and I can add from there; on the new database I can only add through the admincp although i have permissions set to be able to add records. What do I need to change?

Thanks for any help

11 minutes ago, Wren said:

Hi,

i created a database following the example for recipes in the help guide. When I view the database settings now I get a warning message in orange which states " You have 5 categories in this database. You can only have 1 category to store records in the database directly. If you wish to disable category support please move articles to a single category and delete the no longer needed categories. "

See here: https://www.opentype.space/superdocs/ips-community-tips/pages/you-can-only-have-1-category-to-store-records-in-the-database-directly-r1/

Is there a way to remove the author option for record entries?

Not with the stock templates. Every record has an creator and that is shown in various places. 

On a database I made previously, when I go to the page itself there is a button saying Add new record and I can add from there; on the new database I can only add through the admincp although i have permissions set to be able to add records. What do I need to change?

The permissions of the database. 

Archived