Side Bar on calendar view??

GoDuBois

I can't figure this one out. 

On the default view on the calendar,  in any view (month, day week, stream), I can not see the side bar.

I'm on a desktop now so ... when I resize the window to smaller window, the side bar appears.

Then I go to full view... the side bar still is active and when I go to another calendar view  (month, day week, stream) the side bar still is active.

I must of set-up that side bar on calendar sometime?? Where at???

What setting is causing that??  or am I just losing my mind??

I would love to have the side bar show ALL THE TIME on the calendar.

thanks for any help

1269667774_sideframeoncalendar.thumb.jpg.3a4c0638ff340ebc92caf54d566267ae.jpg

1 hour ago, GoDuBois said:

I can't figure this one out. 

On the default view on the calendar,  in any view (month, day week, stream), I can not see the side bar.

I'm on a desktop now so ... when I resize the window to smaller window, the side bar appears.

Then I go to full view... the side bar still is active and when I go to another calendar view  (month, day week, stream) the side bar still is active.

I must of set-up that side bar on calendar sometime?? Where at???

What setting is causing that??  or am I just losing my mind??

I would love to have the side bar show ALL THE TIME on the calendar.

thanks for any help

1269667774_sideframeoncalendar.thumb.jpg.3a4c0638ff340ebc92caf54d566267ae.jpg

This is because the developers in their wisdom (no disrespect intended) decided that they know best when it comes to you deciding what you will and will not show on your website.

If you want side bars to show you will either have to create a hook or modify the code directly in these files:

applications/calendar/modules/front/calendar/event.php
applications/calendar/modules/front/calendar/venue.php
applications/calendar/modules/front/calendar/view.php

search and change the following lines:

\IPS\Output::i()->sidebar['enabled'] = FALSE;

to:

\IPS\Output::i()->sidebar['enabled'] = TRUE;

This will give you sidebars throughout the Calendar, but this could cause some aspects of your Calendar to show differently because of the Sidebars.

You might have to go through the Calendar Theme as there could be a ipsResponsive_showPhone or ipsResponsive_hideDesktop in the html which could be causing the block to show when you make the screen smaller.

You can test your website responsiveness on monitors, tablets and phones at this website: http://quirktools.com/screenfly/

This will allow you to see which elements get displayed on your website under different devices and viewpoints.

Archived