Suggestion needed from experienced IPB users

Gauravk

Member's feedback  

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi everyone, good day and I'm highly confused on which choice to make as I plan to add a new feature in my car community to list car specs, prices and offer a car comparison tool.

Please advise, which out of below is the most practical way forward:

1. Load car specs in IP Pages and then "struggle" to find a developer who can design car comparison tool
  2. Get Wordpress readymade theme with tons of features and awesome looks and find a developer to match the header to IPB theme

I'm more inclined on number 2, as to keep the 40-50k car descriptions in a separate DB will help to balance the IPB core running smooth

Thanks Faqole, for your suggestion of using Garage as auto inventory and car comparison tool.

Last time I researched, I have been told by one of IPB developer it is impossible to have make and model dependencies in IPB due to core limitation. Means if someone selects Audi then model drop-down only load all Audi models for further selection than showing long scroll of all 500+ models from 50 car brands.

Is this functionality achievable now in IPB or with your Garage module?

I would love to have similar functionality and look and feel (MOST IMP) close to this WP theme with any of IPB modules, plugins, or apps: https://themeforest.net/item/car-dealer-automotive-wordpress-theme-responsive/8574708

19 minutes ago, Gauravk said:

Last time I researched, I have been told by one of IPB developer it is impossible to have make and model dependencies in IPB due to core limitation. Means if someone selects Audi then model drop-down only load all Audi models for further selection than showing long scroll of all 500+ models from 50 car brands.

There isn’t a built-in select box but he can use ajax to retrieve data to feed a select based in another. 

8 hours ago, Gauravk said:

Thanks Faqole, for your suggestion of using Garage as auto inventory and car comparison tool.

Is this functionality achievable now in IPB or with your Garage module?

I would love to have similar functionality and look and feel (MOST IMP) close to this WP theme with any of IPB modules, plugins, or apps: https://themeforest.net/item/car-dealer-automotive-wordpress-theme-responsive/8574708

It will require some work, but it is doeable. I can either expand on my app or I caqn develop a new one for you. You can contact me in private to discuss the details further if you are interested.

Archived