Custom BBcode / [sharedmedia] support in Pages v4?

DChiuch

I'm in the process of upgrading IPS3.4 to v4. In 3.4, in a Pages database, I used the [sharedmedia] tag a lot, mainly connecting with IP.Gallery, but also with some custom implementations. After the v4 upgrade, none of these tags are parsed (they just show as eg. "[sharedmedia=gallery:images:52702]"). So my question is – is there a way for me to implement custom BBcode in a Pages v4 field, so that all of my old articles can display correctly?

Thanks!

Is this a recent upgrade? Are all background tasks finished?

There is some code that should take care of this during the upgrade, or in of the rebuild tasks that continues to run after the upgrade. Submit a support ticket if all of those are finished and you're still experiencing the issue.

3 minutes ago, Martin A. said:

Is this a recent upgrade? Are all background tasks finished?

There is some code that should take care of this during the upgrade, or in of the rebuild tasks that continues to run after the upgrade. Submit a support ticket if all of those are finished and you're still experiencing the issue.

This is a recent upgrade, and background tasks have finished. I have a different topic about the issue of BBcode not being parsed here and I've submitted a ticket about it.

The [sharedmedia] tag is different though, I think – I can make a new article with other BBcode like [b ] or [list ] and it'll be automatically processed, or I can manually edit and save one of the converted articles from 3.4 and those other BBcodes will be automatically processed. But [sharedmedia] doesn't get processed either way.

Plus, since I had some custom implementations of [sharedmedia] on 3.4, I'm of course not expecting that those would be processed. For those I really need some kind of way to have custom BBcode be parsed.

image.thumb.png.55003303097907c6240c3d7ca0c6e9ad.png

This, and lots of other BBcode conversions runs when content and page content is rebuilt after a upgrade. That'll only deal with the built-in media (downloads, gallery, attachment, events and blogs). Your other media will either need a custom conversion or custom code to parse it, as you say yourself. 

2 minutes ago, Martin A. said:

image.thumb.png.55003303097907c6240c3d7ca0c6e9ad.png

This, and lots of other BBcode conversions runs when content and page content is rebuilt after a upgrade. That'll only deal with the built-in media (downloads, gallery, attachment, events and blogs). Your other media will either need a custom conversion or custom code to parse it, as you say yourself. 

Hmm I see, thanks a lot for the info!

Archived