Upgrade to v4 Failed!

I've logged a support ticket about this, but not knowing how long that will take, and with our forum completely offline for the duration, I thought I'd post the problem here too, in case it's something the community can help with.

Basically, after uploading all the files for v4.3.4 via FTP, and navigating to /admin/upgrade/, I'm presented with the following fatal PHP error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '.' in /path/to/public_html/forums/system/Db/Db.php on line 508

I've re-uploaded the files using the 'replace if newer/different' option, in case something failed to upload properly, but this made no difference. I'm currently in the process of re-uploading all files from scratch, but I suspect the outcome will be the same.

Anyone have any ideas?

Kev

44 minutes ago, Large Scale Planes said:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '.' in /path/to/public_html/forums/system/Db/Db.php on line 508

Did you check that single file what could be wrong on line 508?

17 minutes ago, Misi said:

Did you check that single file what could be wrong on line 508?

Yeah, I had a look, and line 508 looks like this:

$stmt->bind_param( ...$bind->get() );

I'm not familiar with any PHP syntax that starts with three dots, but I've discovered my server is running PHP 5.6, rather than the 7.1 I thought it was. I've just completed an upgrade to 7.2, and will now test to see if that was the issue. Back soon!

Kev

So, 6.5 hours later, the upgrade is finally done! I've come across the first of what I'm sure will be many minor problems, however. I've adjusted the behaviour of the return/enter key in the editor settings (from creating a new paragraph to going to the next line), but it appears not to have taken. A bug perhaps, or have I done something wrong?

Kev

Archived