Issue with multiselect form helper.

maxkunes

Using the code below, when selecting all of the items in a multi select form helper, the visually deselect although the stetting gets saved. If I only select one or any amount less than the total settings in the box, it works as expected. No java script errors occur.

$packages = array(0 => 'Foo', 1 => 'Bar', 2 => 'Baz');

$form->add(new \IPS\Helpers\Form\Select('products_names_disable_multiple_quantities', \IPS\Settings::i()->products_names_disable_multiple_quantities, false, array('options' => $packages, 'multiple' => true)));

Small gif for further explanation : 

https://i.gyazo.com/8396cb36ac45cd2f68deddc542fdc910.mp4

$form->add( new \IPS\Helpers\Form\Select( 'products_names_disable_multiple_quantities', \IPS\Settings::i()->products_names_disable_multiple_quantities == '*' ? "*" : explode( ',', \IPS\Settings::i()->ss_aep), FALSE, array( 'options' => $packages, 'parse' => 'normal', 'multiple' => true, 'unlimited' => '*', 'unlimitedLang' => 'all' ), NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL ) );

4 hours ago, TAMAN said:

$form->add( new \IPS\Helpers\Form\Select( 'products_names_disable_multiple_quantities', \IPS\Settings::i()->products_names_disable_multiple_quantities == '*' ? "*" : explode( ',', \IPS\Settings::i()->ss_aep), FALSE, array( 'options' => $packages, 'parse' => 'normal', 'multiple' => true, 'unlimited' => '*', 'unlimitedLang' => 'all' ), NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL ) );

Is this the expected behavior, or is this a workaround to an ips bug?

9 hours ago, bfarber said:

For usability purposes, you should be using the proper 'unlimited' prompts for users as suggested.

I question that that increases or improves usability at all. Do you have an example of the way you suggest?

Archived