IPS Default Content Blocks for images

AlexWright

IPS has default content blocks that cover images from Gallery, Downloads, etc. What these blocks don't have is a good user experience. Unlike the recent touch-enabled sliders, these blocks rely on users tapping the icons to browse these widgets and blocks. This is frustratingly annoying on mobile, and these blocks should be touch-enabled (ie: swipe-able). They just feel clunky on mobile. You can see this by browsing the marketplace here on IPS on mobile, same deal. I should be able to scroll through by swiping, much like I can on Google Play. Users expect this on mobile the days.

So far the whole Commerce suite is not really usable for professional people. In Europe, we do have similar reporting issues with the need to even use the taxes for each member state and report this to the home state. Additionally, for my use, I will be selling mainly to business people which again means that there is no sales tax added at all (if they prove to have a VAT number) but reverse charge mechanism is used. I really wonder why so many third-party developers make tons of plugins for stuff in the forum etc. If somebody would make a larger Commerce Plugin for these tax issue and more, I am sure this could be sold for 100+dollar and people wanting to use IPS professionally would pay it without any worries.

5 minutes ago, MarianHärtel said:

So far the whole Commerce suite is not really usable for professional people. In Europe, we do have similar reporting issues with the need to even use the taxes for each member state and report this to the home state. Additionally, for my use, I will be selling mainly to business people which again means that there is no sales tax added at all (if they prove to have a VAT number) but reverse charge mechanism is used. I really wonder why so many third-party developers make tons of plugins for stuff in the forum etc. If somebody would make a larger Commerce Plugin for these tax issue and more, I am sure this could be sold for 100+dollar and people wanting to use IPS professionally would pay it without any worries.

Was this meant to be posted here and not in

Archived