[PAID] Mod to Chatbox (make a global setting)

Skeptical

Does anyone have the capability here to mod the (BIM) Chatbox 2.0.0 application so that there is a user selectable Global header setting?

Right now, it can exist as a Tab or you can drag the app into the header, footer or sidebar areas. The problem is, if you don't use the Chatbox, the member has no means to hide if in these areas.

However, our members who do use it as screaming for it to be placed in the header.

The old IPS Shoutbox had a "global shoutbox" preference. When selected, the Shoutbox would appear above all page content. So, the code to do this is all there (I have both scripts), I'd just like to have that functionality combined with the simple Chatbox (the author will not make mods even for money).

This could perhaps be done with a work around if the above isn't feasible. Maybe have regular Chatbox users join a club and do an if/then/else in the template on members of that club to decide whether to show it in the header or not.

I'm open to solutions.

10 hours ago, Skeptical said:

Does anyone have the capability here to mod the (BIM) Chatbox 2.0.0 application so that there is a user selectable Global header setting?

Right now, it can exist as a Tab or you can drag the app into the header, footer or sidebar areas. The problem is, if you don't use the Chatbox, the member has no means to hide if in these areas.

However, our members who do use it as screaming for it to be placed in the header.

The old IPS Shoutbox had a "global shoutbox" preference. When selected, the Shoutbox would appear above all page content. So, the code to do this is all there (I have both scripts), I'd just like to have that functionality combined with the simple Chatbox (the author will not make mods even for money).

This could perhaps be done with a work around if the above isn't feasible. Maybe have regular Chatbox users join a club and do an if/then/else in the template on members of that club to decide whether to show it in the header or not.

I'm open to solutions.

Hi,

as the owner of IPS Shoutbox at moment need remember few items don’t know how chatbox works, but should work like any widget, in 4.2.x need set the way widget to area you need it to display how ever need do this on every app or location  and don’t believe way show on all apps.

7 hours ago, Pete T said:

Hi,

as the owner of IPS Shoutbox at moment need remember few items don’t know how chatbox works, but should work like any widget, in 4.2.x need set the way widget to area you need it to display how ever need do this on every app or location  and don’t believe way show on all apps.

This was a little tough to follow. I am only concerned about shoutbox appearing on the forum. No other app. I also want members who don't use the shoutbox to have a way to hide it. The IPS version did this. Chatbox does not and the dev will not add this feature.

29 minutes ago, Skeptical said:

This was a little tough to follow. I am only concerned about shoutbox appearing on the forum. No other app. I also want members who don't use the shoutbox to have a way to hide it. The IPS version did this. Chatbox does not and the dev will not add this feature.

You talking about having toggle like the forum category correct ? 

Here is what I am referring to in pics. This is from the IPS Shoutbox for 3.x series. 

In these screenshots you can see the preferences button for the shoutbox and you can see the preference toggle to have a global shoutbox. In one picture you can see that the shoutbox only exists as a tab. In the other picture you can see the global shoutbox turned on and it now exists over the top of the forum. 

IMG_7188.thumb.PNG.bbdf01f3982231578cb4f8dbff468198.PNG

IMG_7189.thumb.PNG.48f41177c60f8e58ae3981462c585502.PNG

IMG_7191.thumb.PNG.341b4fc8ca66ddacb917cbf255518b4d.PNG

IMG_7192.thumb.PNG.3d2d8e3bd6fcf6390b0e7d5eaed40e62.PNG

IMG_7190.PNG

Archived