Filling in meta fields

Steve Bullman

I'm slight confused the different between some of the fields in meta settings, wondering if someone could clarify the differences between a couple of things?

59eb1ff40bc47_ScreenShot2017-10-21at11_23_08.thumb.png.a81bd522731379afd6aadd0ca1452278.png

I've already set the page title as you can see.  In the next section what is og:site_name and where is it displayed?

also we have an og:description.  How is that different to the description in the drop down box?

Thanks

The og data aren't meant to be displayed at your own site.
They're used for the Open Graph protocol http://ogp.me

Introduction

The Open Graph protocol enables any web page to become a rich object in a social graph. For instance, this is used on Facebook to allow any web page to have the same functionality as any other object on Facebook.

While many different technologies and schemas exist and could be combined together, there isn't a single technology which provides enough information to richly represent any web page within the social graph. The Open Graph protocol builds on these existing technologies and gives developers one thing to implement. Developer simplicity is a key goal of the Open Graph protocol which has informed many of the technical design decisions.

Archived